So that you may understand me a little bit more, here are some of my beliefs. In no particular order.
- God is Love (1 Jn 4:8).
- God in God’s self is relational.
- God loves everyone and all of creation. Period.
- that forgiveness and grace, unconditional love is a great gift and a reason for living.
- that we are ALL created imago dei – perfect with all our imperfections.
- in protecting and honoring the dignity and worth of each person.
- in hesed.
- that much is to be learned from all faith traditions.
- there is truth in both sides of a story.
- you can have your cake and eat it too if you’re willing to strive for a creative solution.
- in working passionately.
- shared meaning is important.
- striving to understand.
- learning is fun!
- in social justice and equity. There is too much poverty and suffering in the world.
- some Christians are not very Christian.
- you always have a choice.
- that each of us can make a difference.
- we are called to live in community – to support each other.
- we should take care of mother earth.
- that caring and empathy requires listening.
- in family.
I so strongly believe in community. I am excited for 2012. I feel like people are coming back to community, perhaps as a very good outcome of living through a very scary economy.
I hope so!