Here is a description of what you can find in the menu drop downs below “resources”. If you know of a great resource, blog, video or bit of news that should be here, please let me know! I would love to add it. Compiling all this information in one place has given folks hope and help (so I’ve been told).
- Organ and Tissue Donation Blog. This blog is one of the more excellent places for a ton of curated content regarding donation.
- Information on the Uniform Anatomical Gift Act (UAGA) which governs donation of organs for transplant and donation of your body for medical research.
- organ donation links – all kinds of organ donation information. For example contains links to Save Lives Now New York, Presumed Consent Foundation, Living Kidney Donor Network, 2011 Donate Life National Donor Designation Report Card and more.
- videos – a collection of videos on organ donation. Some informative, some will touch your heart.
- organ donor advocates blogs – I decided to start collecting blogs here. Some are from folks desperately waiting for donors. Some are from donor families to honor their loved ones. Some are from eternally grateful recipients.
- news clips – a new collection of media articles about the organ donation field. A good place to get ideas of what the U.S. might do to increase supply of organs for transplant.
I’d like to promote the film The Power of Two. Please check out the site here.