Forbes article: I was part of the “tiger team” mentioned regarding social media services.
WENDY J. MANUEL, MDiv, MPH
Passionate leader seeking to answer God’s call to bring dignity, fullness of life to all and comfort to those in crisis or end of life. I seek to encourage loving and honest spiritual discussion on interfaith issues across divides.
First Christian Church Spring House, Minneapolis, MN, Pastor Laurie Feille
On Call Chaplain (Aug 2017 – Current) Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital, MN
Chaplain Resident (Aug 2016 – Aug 2017) Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital, MN
- Completed four units of CPE
- Served Intensive Care and Struthers Parkinson’s Center patients, families and staff
- Provided support and care for families during end of life experiences
- Created and led liturgy for ecumenical chapel services and Struthers clients
Practice of Ministry (Feb-June 2015) St. John’s United Methodist Church, TX
- Vacation Bible School Leadership, Faith Education Development, Preaching
Pulpit Supply (2014-2016) Central Texas
- Lead worship, develop liturgy and deliver sermons for multiple congregations
Chaplain Intern (Summer 2014) Good Samaritan Hospital, IL
- Served Critical Care and Emergency Departments at Level I Trauma Center
- Create and lead ecumenical worship services for behavioral health unit
Women’s Ministry Leader (2012-2014) Pflugerville Community Church, TX
- Led team providing bible studies, annual retreats, community service, mentoring and fellowship
Lay Director (2010-2012) Brazos Valley Emmaus Community
Ministries Leader (2005-2008) Immanuel Lutheran Church, TX
- Sunday School Leader – chose curriculums, trained educators and taught young adult class
- Finance Committee Leader
Masters of Divinity (May 2016) Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary
- Graduate of Ministers Facing Money grant funded program
Masters of Public Health (May 2011) University of Texas Health Sciences
- Designed organ registration intervention focused on religious communities & minorities
- Internship with Texas Organ Sharing Alliance federally designated OPO
Bachelor of Sciences-Cum Laude (1978) Kansas State University
- Communications/Political Science
Associate of Arts with Honors (1976) Johnson County Community College
- Certification in essentialALZ® by Alzheimer’s Association (2017)
- Level 2 Dementia Capability by Minnesota Board on Aging (2017)
WORK HISTORY OVERVIEW
Park Nicollet Methodist Hospital, St. Louis Park, MN August 2016 to Current
On Call Chaplin
Austin Presbyterian Theological Seminary, Austin, TX January to May 2016
Front Desk Administrator
St. John’s UMC, Austin, TX September 2015 to January 2016
- Developed office administration efficiencies and data base management process improvements.
SYNERGY SERVICES, Denver, Colorado September 2013 to February 2014
Independent Contractor Social Media Project Management
- Manage execution of social media services for Dell’s Fortune 500 clients.
DELL, INC., Round Rock, Texas November 1997 to September 2013
Senior Social Media Project Manager Social Media and Community
- Creation and delivery of social media solutions for Fortune 500 companies.
Senior Project Manager Global Consumer & Small Business Division
- Led international teams in customer satisfaction improvement projects, process design and improvement.
Senior Operations & Proposals Manager Large Corporate Accounts
- Implemented $50M project for Fortune 100 client in 23 countries.
- Managed international teams for bids response, contract negotiation, project execution and order processing.
APPLE COMPUTER, INC., Chicago, Charlotte, The Netherlands & Austin 1987-1997
SAP Software Implementation Manager
- Designed sales operation processes for European business in The Netherlands.
- Project lead to implement Canadian business on enterprise-wide business software.
Customer Support Manager
- Managed sales order support for all market segments in a sales region.
- Designed and presented sales support training for 30 new hires when two closed sites consolidated
CHAMBERS OF COMMERCE 1981-1987
Executive Director Rolling Meadows, IL and Public Affairs Director, Manhattan, KS
- Led community engagement projects promoting favorable economic environment.
- Led competitive membership drives yielding 10% membership increase.
- Sanctuary Church Exploration Committee, First Christian Church
- Elected student representative to seminary faculty committees (Student Life and Student Finances)
- Walk to Emmaus teams, Walk Lay Director, and Board Chair, Brazos Valley Emmaus Community
- Former Board Member, Institute for Civic Discourse, Kansas State University
- Achieved 350 volunteer service hours annually when working full time